Different Types of UK Student Visa

With rich history of scientific and industrial development, and being home to a few of world’s most prestigious universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, for centuries UK has attracted international students, who wish to join these prestigious learning centers. Even in recent years, when several other countries have become international study hubs, the demand for the UK canada student visa from bangladesh visa has only increased.

There are three types of student visas offered by the UK immigration department. In this article we will provide an overview on each of these visas.

Student Visitor Visa

This visa is for those international students who fall outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland, and want to do a short-term study course in the UK. The validity for this visa is 6 months; however, an extended visa with a validity of 11 months is available to those who are enrolled in an English language course.

You can apply for this visa if your age is 18 or above and you have been offered a place in a course conducted by a recognized UK institute. During visa processing you need to show your academic documents to prove that you are eligible for the course, as well as your financial details to prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay here.

Under this visa, students are not allowed to work in the UK; neither can they bring their family members in the country.

Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

International students (Except EEA and Switzerland) who are 16 years of age and above, and have been offered to participate in a full-time study course can apply for this visa. The validity of this visa depends upon the duration of the course.

While applying for this visa, you must show the confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) to prove that you have been invited by a registered institute to study in the UK. Another requirement that you must fulfill is you proficiency in English Language. You must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. In addition, you need to show your academic records and financial details, as is the case in Student Visitor Visa.

Under this visa, you can work in the UK, except as a professional sportsperson.

Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa

This visa for international students (Except EEA and Switzerland) aged between 4 and 17. To apply for this visa, you must first have a place booked for the course and have the consent of your parents/guardian. The length of the stay under this visa depends upon the age of the applicant and course duration.

Except for the CAS, students need to show their academic and financial details as in other student visas, while applying under this category.

Applicants who are 16 and above can also work in the UK for up to ten hours a week but cannot take a full-time job.

International students who want to study in the UK and need professional help in applying for UK student visa can contact any visa consultant, and we will make sure that you do not face any challenge during visa processing and that you get your visa approved in timely manner.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *